Lightning strike for Thistle

Thistle got off to a flying start with a goal after just six seconds.

This weas just what they needed after last week’s setback.

Thistle had travelled to Dumfries a player down due to a late call-off but from the very first whistle they let Heston know they were in for a tough match when Marco Whyte incredibly scored his lightning strike without a Heston player touching the ball.

After that setback Heston were never in the match and, indeed, keeper Jolly could have taken a seat with him as he probably had five or six kick-outs in the whole 70mins.

With Parlane back beside his defensive partner McCaig, Thistle never looked like conceding and the scoreline flattered the hosts.

Jamie Wallace hammered in a great 25-yard free-kick to make it 2-0.

The first half saw the Heston keeper pull off great saves to keep out Whyte, Adair, McCreath and Tollan.

Thistle took their half-time break to get the usual Jaffa cakes and Jelly Babies as an energy boost and it certainly worked as they came out on fire and could have been further ahead but for the Heston keeper

Ten minutes into the second half they went 3-0 ahead courtesy of a cool finish from Robbie Adair after the keeper could only parry McCreath’s drive

Five minutes later Thistle went four up through leading scorer Whyte with a tap in from a Wallace pinpoint corner. This gave Thistle the chance to make some changes and they brought on Potter, Burnett and McMiken to rest some legs for the upcoming matches and all three subs proved great replacements, proving that the squad once again are ready to fight for the title with close neighbours East End who now sit five points ahead but with Thistle having two games in hand and both teams due to play each other at Minnigaff soon.

Thistle also gave a well deserved debut to young Louis Service and he proved a decent player. Indeed, he set up number five for McCreath with a great lay-off for a cool finish from 18 yards

Thistle are away to Thornhill this Sunday as visitors to Morton Thistle.

Heston U-13s 0, Galloway Thistle U-13s 5