NHS Dumfries and Galloway says it has no concerns over patient records being compromised during the ongoing cyber attack on the NHS across the UK.
A statement released this morning (Monday, May 15) stated that only two GP practices were affected and not three as was thought on Friday.
A spokesperson for NHS Dumfries and Galloway said: “NHS Dumfries and Galloway have responded well to the recent Cyber Attack with only two GP Practice sites affected. It has been reported this morning that very limited patient services have been affected across the whole of Dumfries and Galloway with most Practices not affected at all.
“All Hospital sites remains free of any attack. No patient data has been lost as a result of this attack.
“Heightened awareness has been communicated to all Health staff and the IT department remain active, ensuring all our systems are fully protected.”
NHS Dumfries and Galloway said on Friday that three GP practices had been affected by the cyber attack, which is seeking money to unlock staff access to IT systems.
No hospitals in Dumfries and Galloway were affected.
Scottish Government Health Secretary Shona Robison said: “We are aware of a number of health boards affected by potential cyber incidents and the First Minister will chair a resilience meeting shortly.
“Scottish Government health officials are currently working closely with affected boards to assess the extent of the problem, and take steps to isolate affected systems, which have been affected by a Ransomware cyber-attack of the kind which has also affected health trusts in NHS England.
“We are taking immediate steps to minimise the impact of the attack across NHS Scotland and restrict any disruption.
“Our priority is to ensure that boards are supported to deal with this incident swiftly, and that services to patients can continue to run effectively.”