Firefighters saved 70 calves from a blaze in a building on Kirvennie Farm, Wigtown on Tuesday morning.
Appliances from Newton Stewart were sent to the farm at 6.25am, met later by crews from Whithorn and Gatehouse.
Station Manager Joe Shepherd, the incident commander, said they were faced with the blaze in a 30m by 60m shed threatening around 80 calves and 10 tonnes of hay as well as 30 tonnes of fertiliser nearby. The fire is believed to have been started by a heat lamp.
He said: “Thankfully the crews’ efforts successfully prevented the flames from spreading beyond a small section of the shed and also saw most of the cattle removed.”
No one was injured and crews left the scene at around 10.40am.